Join us in jump-starting the food revolution. Today, most crops are grown using extractive practices which degrade soil health and harm the environment. The result? Lower crop yields, less nutritious food, and the looming threat of ecological catastrophe. It’s time for a revolution. Planetary CARE is catalyzing the rapid adoption of regenerative farming practices to promote a thriving soil food web, biodiversity, soil hydration, and resilient regional food systems.
We’re seeking a skilled project manager to coordinate the development of the Palouse Demonstration Farm project located near Moscow, Idaho. This part-time to start (scheduled to become full-time) paid position has been scoped to cover the first two years of a multi-year project. Funding for the project is to be determined. Further details to be shared with qualified candidates at the applicable time during the interview process.
The project manager will be coordinating the efforts of a diverse team of farmers and specialists serving in various roles. Some of these people will be pro bono professionals, some will belong to partner organizations assigned to the project. The number of paid positions working for PC will depend on the final contracting paradigm.
What You’ll Do
- As the operational leader of the Palouse Program Management Team Circle (sociocratic governance model). (Link to description of our circle operational leader.), the project manager will be the interface between the Palouse project and Planetary CARE’s support team(s) once the project is set up and under way.
- Use a robust proprietary cloud project mgmt platform throughout the entire lifecycle of the program. Ensure that all the project data is updated in real time, and can be aggregated and further analyzed for better performance.
- Oversee ongoing project management of various project team members including scope, budget, schedule, resources, procurement, risks and change management.
- Ensure the Program Management Team employs the “100%” rule to the process of breaking down the goals and objectives of the program into multiple projects and into actionable working plans.
- Employ Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for both impact and the implementation of the program into each project during each phase.
- Facilitate a program dashboard and communication plan to be regularly shared with all key stakeholders to maintain transparent communication, timely track project status, and conduct fast responses to changes when necessary.
- Oversee quarterly and annual reports to be shared with stakeholders describing activities and learnings.
Skills and Experience Needed
- 5+ years experience in senior level complex project management
- Systems Thinking
- Time Management
- Superior Analytical Skills
- Leadership and Cross Functional Team Building
- Proven Success in Communication
- Influencing and Negotiating
- Conflict Resolution
- Stakeholder Management
- Planning and Resource Management
If you’re qualified and interested in this leadership role to help us disrupt global agriculture systems click the Join Us button above. Complete a quick application form (should take no more than five minutes). In the Project and Skills/Interests section, please indicate Palouse Program Manager & Operational Leader and briefly share why you are a good fit, and how your skills and experience translate.
A Planetary CARE team member will reach out by email within four business days.
If you’re not suited for this particular Job/Project, apply anyway! We’re growing rapidly and are alway on the lookout for great people…